May 20, 2018

Michigan’s Music Festivals


Image result for michigan state sealI have a friend who attends at least one music festival almost every year in Michigan.  I’ve never been but my friend says, “Just go-it’s a blast anywhere you go.”  
Now, I know this post isn’t about writing but isn’t music writing in a universal language?  And my sole Michigan person dropped and I just happened to be talking about Michigan music festivals to my friend and I said, “HMMM…here’s my subject for the blog.”  And if you have ties to Michigan and you'd like to guest here next year, let me know. 

Because of my music-minded friend from Michigan, I knew Michigan celebrated music a lot but, click on the link https://localspins.com  and you’ll find how much.  There’s got to be something that interests you musically in Michigan this year. Plus, there's plenty of festivals ALL the time so there has to be one that fits any busy schedule. 


I’m partial to Wheatland Music Festival in September because it’s just one of the many that holds a Woodstock feel. I was too young for Woodstock #1 and not even close to in the same experience growing up in small town Nebraska when Woodstock was going on but I do remember it happening.  I had aunts and uncles who talked about it.  Years ago I had the original Woodstock album—which I foolishly traded to someone as barter for, I don’t even remember what. Funny how some things strike a person when they’re a kid and stick with them lifelong. 

Anyway, check out the Wheatland Music Festival in Remus, Michigan.

The Wheatland Music Festival is an annual celebration of music and the arts, dating back to 1974. Each year, both local and world renowned musicians gather together in early September for three days of singing, dancing and friendship.

Wheatland Music Festival, Sept. 9-11, Remus
THE VIBE: Hosted by the Wheatland Music Organization, this is the undisputed granddaddy of Michigan folk festivals, with the inaugural event taking place 43 years ago on this rural tract of land amid scenic pastures and woods. Tradition, family and all styles of roots, folk and world music are a big part of Wheatland, which always showcases some international treasures on its main stages.
WEBSITE: 
wheatlandmusic.org


Also, check out this site about the music in Michigan.  What a list.  If you have ears, you’ll find a festival that suits you on this site. https://localspins.com

Credits to all this info downloaded from https://localspins.com  and wheatlandmusic.org


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 50 Authors from 50 States blog for the latest